You want to provide your pet companion with the very best.
To that end, you buy them the latest toys, feed them the best food, and make sure they see their vet regularly. When new pet care items come on the market, you are quick to research them and evaluate whether they are a good fit for your pet’s needs.
Sometimes, the information available is not always straightforward. For instance, you might think a CBD pet chew and tincture are interchangeable because they contain the same main ingredient. But is this really the case?
Pet CBD Chew vs. Tincture: What is the Difference?
Understanding the difference between CBD chews for pets and a CBD tincture can help you determine which mode of delivery will benefit your pet companion the best.
Here are some of the key differences.
CBD Chews for Pets
Your pet will love the look, taste, and texture of our CBD chews. They are given to the dog individually, with each chew containing a specific usage of CBD.
Some tasty flavors from Pet Releaf include:
- Peanut Butter & Banana
- Blueberry & Cranberry
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Peanut Butter & Carob
- Peppered Bacon
The flavorful chews make it easier for your pet to accept their supplement, which means less hassle for you!
A pet CBD chew also often contains functional ingredients that benefit your pet’s overall health.
Some examples include:
- Chamomile: This herb is one of a number of beneficial ingredients for dogs that we’ve added to our Calming Edibites. Chamomile may be able to help promote relaxation in dogs, including nervousness as well as situational stress that can lead to gastrointestinal issues.
- Baobab: Another functional ingredient we’ve added to our Edibites for dogs is baobab, which contains antioxidants and may prove useful in providing antioxidant support in dogs. Multiple studies have suggested that antioxidants may reduce oxidative stress and support your pet’s normal inflammatory response.
- Ground ginger: Ginger is an antiemetic (may help prevent occasional gastric distress, such as vomiting). It may also help promote healthy intestinal tracts and gastric function in pets.
- Marshmallow root: Finally, we’ve also integrated marshmallow root, of which one of the active components is mucilage. This component may support healthy digestion in your pet, which may help relieve occasional gastric distress and promote normal bowel movements.
The combination of CBD oil and these all-natural ingredients can provide a more profound result than CBD or the ingredients alone.
CBD chews are a good option for your pet if:
- You do not need to regularly adjust the CBD usage for your pet
- You want the ease and convenience of giving them a chew
- You like the idea of other healthy ingredients in the product
A tincture is liquid hemp oil (which contains CBD). Using the provided dropper, you can give the tincture to your pet directly into their mouth. Another option is to administer the oil during or after mealtime.
Typically, tinctures contain higher concentrations of CBD. They also do not have added flavoring (like peanut butter or bacon), nor do they have added botanicals, such as ginger and marshmallow root.
CBD tinctures are a good option for your pet if:
- You need to have more control over CBD oil usage
- You want a higher concentration of hemp oil
- You want a limited amount of ingredients in the product; full spectrum hemp extract along with a pet-friendly mixing agent like coconut oil
Why Your Pet Might Need a CBD Chew or Tincture
When you think of CBD, you might think of the relaxing effects cannabis has on people. CBD can have a similar effect on pets, too. Because of that, it is a wonderful option if your pet is dealing with things like:
- Separation anxiety
- Loud noises (thunderstorms, fireworks, loud cars, sirens, etc.)
Another reason why some pet parents invest in CBD chews for pets is because it can help support a normal inflammatory response. As pets get older – or if they are healing from an injury – they often experience arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. CBD can potentially help support your dog’s discomfort.
If your pet is suffering from certain digestive disorders, a pet CBD chew might do wonders for calming their stomach upset and supporting a healthy digestive system.
How to Choose the Best CBD Products for Your Pet
When you are ready to invest in CBD products for your cat or dog, which brand should you trust?
Researching brands and what they offer can take time, but it is worth it for the health of your dog. Here is some help.
Choose a brand with a great reputation for:
- Following laws and regulations
- Using the highest-quality ingredients
- Taking the steps needed to receive various certifications, including USHA-approved farms, as well as extraction and production facilities
Even better, choose a brand that is going so far above and beyond that they have won multiple awards for their products.
Choosing such a high-quality brand can help your pet feel their best, while providing you with some peace of mind.