Calming supplements like Pet Releaf CBD oils and chews can help your pet manage situational stress during July 4. When your dog is calm, they are less likely to react to fireworks or bolt at loud noises. Many pet owners report their pets relaxing through the entire fireworks show thanks to Pet Releaf.
But where do you start? How do you choose the best CBD product for your dog or cat, how much do you give, and when do you give it? Remember that all pets are different, so the best amount of CBD for your pet may be different than your neighbor’s. We’ve provided basic guidelines and suggestions to get you started.
Pet CBD For Fireworks: Our Recommendations
As the original and #1 CBD brand, Pet Releaf has helped more than 5 million pets live happier, healthier lives. Pet Releaf’s USDA-certified organic CBD chews and CBD oils are safe and effective, using third-party testing to ensure quality products. Designed by veterinarians, Pet Releaf products can help dogs of all sizes, ages, and health statuses.
Here are our top recommendations for July 4th:
Administering CBD: 2-Week Plan
Start administering CBD the two weeks leading up to July 4th weekend, if you aren’t already.
- Start by giving your pet a small amount of Pet Releaf CBD, such as 0.25 mg per 10 pounds of body weight, split between AM and PM.
- Observe your pet for any changes in behavior, especially when you work on desensitization. Do they seem calmer?
- Continue giving your pet a small amount of CBD daily, gradually increasing the amount over several days until you’re up to .5-1 mg of CBD per 10 pounds of body weight.
- Increase the Pet Releaf CBD amount to 1 mg per pound of body weight, split between AM and PM.
- Observe your pet for any changes in behavior, especially when you work on desensitization. Remember, they should be calmer without being lethargic.
- Continue giving your pet CBD daily, gradually increasing the dosage up to 2mg of CBD per body weight over several days if necessary.
- The morning of the fireworks, give your pet an extra amount of CBD, and give it again about 30 minutes before the fireworks start.