You want to provide your pet companion with the very best. To that end, you buy them the latest toys, feed them the best food, and make sure they see their vet regularly. When new pet care items come on the market, you are quick to research them and evaluate whether they are a good fit for your pet’s needs.
With all of the pet CBD information and products on the market, how can you know whether a CBD pet chew or CBD oil is better for your dog or cat?
Pet CBD Chew vs. Oil: What is the Difference?
Understanding the difference between CBD chews for pets and a CBD oil can help you determine which mode of delivery will benefit your pet companion the best. In fact, many pet owners prefer to use both in synergy with one another!
CBD Chews for Pets
Your pet will love the look, taste, and texture of our CBD chews. They are given to the dog individually, with each chew containing a specific usage of CBD.
Some tasty flavors from Pet Releaf include:
- Peanut Butter & Banana
- Blueberry & Cranberry
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Peanut Butter & Carob
- Peppered Bacon
The flavorful chews make it easier for your pet to accept their supplement, which means less hassle for you!
A pet CBD chew also often contains functional ingredients that benefit your pet’s overall health.
Some examples include:
- Chamomile: This herb is one of a number of beneficial ingredients for dogs that we’ve added to our Calming Edibites. Chamomile may be able to help promote relaxation in dogs, including nervousness as well as situational stress that can lead to gastrointestinal issues.
- Baobab: Another functional ingredient we’ve added to our Edibites for dogs is baobab, which contains antioxidants and may prove useful in providing antioxidant support in dogs. Multiple studies have suggested that antioxidants may reduce oxidative stress and support your pet’s normal inflammatory response.
- Ground ginger: Ginger is an antiemetic (may help prevent occasional gastric distress, such as vomiting). It may also help promote healthy intestinal tracts and gastric function in pets.
- Marshmallow root: Finally, we’ve also integrated marshmallow root, of which one of the active components is mucilage. This component may support healthy digestion in your pet, which may help relieve occasional gastric distress and promote normal bowel movements.
The combination of CBD oil and these all-natural ingredients can provide a more profound result than CBD or the ingredients alone.
CBD chews are a good option for your pet if:
- You do not need as much flexibility in adjusting the CBD usage for your pet
- You want the ease and convenience of giving them a chew
- You like the idea of other healthy ingredients in the product
Our CBD oils are made from full-spectrum hemp. Using the provided dropper, you can give the oils your pet directly into their mouth.
Typically, oils contain higher concentrations of CBD. They also do not have added flavoring (like peanut butter or bacon), nor do they have added botanicals, such as ginger and marshmallow root.
CBD oils are a good option for your pet if:
- You need to have more control over CBD usage
- You want a higher concentration of hemp oil
- Your pet has greater needs
- You want a limited amount of ingredients in the full spectrum hemp oil product
Why Your Pet Might Need a CBD Chew or Oils
CBD can be a wonderful option if your pet is dealing with things like:
- Loud noises (thunderstorms, fireworks, loud cars, sirens, etc.)
Another reason why some pet parents invest in CBD for pets is because it can help support a normal inflammatory response. As pets get older – or if they are healing from an injury – they often experience discomfort.
If your pet is suffering from certain digestive issues, our Digestive Releaf Edibites may help with calming an upset stomach and supporting a healthy digestive system.
Using Pet CBD Chews and Oils Together
Using Pet Releaf’s full-spectrum hemp CBD chews and oils together offers a synergistic approach to promoting your pet’s well-being. The combination of enhanced absorption, tailored usages, targeted relief, comprehensive support, and convenience provides a holistic approach to pet care. As always, consult with your veterinarian to determine the appropriate CBD amount and to ensure that your pet’s specific health conditions are considered. By incorporating both CBD chews and oils into your pet’s routine, you can harness the full potential of CBD for their overall health and happiness.