When choosing the best CBD for your pet, all of the options can be overwhelming. Like with many supplements, pet CBD comes in different forms, including CBD capsules and tablets. So what are the benefits of capsules vs. tablets?
CBD Tablets For Pets
Tablets are usually easily chewable and come in multiple flavors, which increases the appeal for some pets. Many owners with picky pets find their dog is more interested in something beef- or cheese-flavored. However, it’s important to remember flavor can come at a cost. Many times, the flavor is due to filler ingredients, which can lower the potency of the product. And even with the added flavor, many pets will still be disinterested.
Since tablets dissolve, sometimes a pet will put it in their mouth and then let it drool out or will spit it out, never completely consuming the product. Tablets are also fragile, so oftentimes they break into pieces at the bottom of the container and lose their full effectiveness.
CBD Capsules For Pets
When considering CBD capsules, know that they don’t have a flavor or odor. At first, this may seem like a negative. How will you get your dog to take a CBD capsule if it doesn’t have a flavor? However, CBD capsules can actually be administered multiple ways. Many dogs will easily take them alone or wrapped in a treat. You can also open the capsule up and sprinkle it on their food. With capsules as opposed to tablets, dogs will consume the entire product and won’t spit it out.
In addition to these benefits, CBD capsules have more accurate dosing than tablets. They won’t crumble at the bottom of the container and your dog will consume the full product.
Making a Decision: CBD Capsules vs. CBD Tablets for Pets
CBD in any form will benefit your pet, but if you’re looking for more accuracy in dosing and an easy-to-administer product with no added ingredients, capsules are the best option.
When choosing a CBD capsule, only buy from trusted suppliers that do third-party testing and provide transparency into ingredients. Our Sentesa Tri-Active capsules were specifically for Pet Releaf by a world-renowned scientist to be a tri-active supplement for dogs.
Sentesa’s tri-active formula is safe and fast-acting, ensuring its effectiveness by combining:
- Cannabidiol (CBD) – Full spectrum hemp extract contains the main cannabinoid, CBD, which binds to the cannabinoid-2 (CB2) receptor, and may promote calmness and support joint flexibility or mobility.
- Beta-Caryophyllene – Terpene derived from the clove tree and acts within the endocannabinoid system similarly to CBD, and may promote a normal inflammatory response.
- Caprylic Acid – Medium chain triglyceride derived from the fruit and kernel of palm, and may enhance absorption of the full spectrum hemp extract and β-caryophyllene.
Sentesa is available in two sizes:
- Sentesa CBD Capsules For Small Dogs – Made for dogs between 11-33 pounds, one capsule contains 10 mg of CBD, 10 mg of beta-caryophyllene, and 10 mg of caprylic acid with the recommendation to administer one capsule twice daily.
- Sentesa CBD Capsules For Medium/Large Dogs – Designed for dogs weighing 33+ pounds, one capsule contains 30 mg of CBD, 30 mg of beta-caryophyllene, and 30 mg of caprylic acid with the recommendation to administer one capsule twice daily.