Our hemp and our handlers for many of our products, including our CBD Hemp Oils are Certified USDA Organic!
We are so honored to have obtained the USDA Organic seal on several of our products! At Pet Releaf, we have always sourced our hemp from our USDA Certified Organic farming partners for many of our products, but now our seed to sale process for our Hemp Oils has been USDA Certified Organic as well. As a pet parent, we want you to now feel confident about the pet CBD products you’re administering to your furry loved ones which is why we go the extra mile to ensure our hemp oils’ product quality by going through organic audits of our manufacturing process! It’s not easy to achieve a certification like USDA, but we’re proud that our transparent farming process and ingredient sourcing allowed us to receive such an honorable seal on many of our products.
USDA is short for the U.S. Department of Agriculture. They provide leadership in a variety of areas, such as food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and more. They have a mission to innovate, help rural America thrive, and to promote agriculture production that better nourishes Americans while also helping feed others throughout the world. USDA actually was established back in 1862 when President Abraham Lincoln signed legislation and in his last message to Congress, he called USDA, “The People’s Department”.
What does it mean to be USDA Certified?
There are several regulations that a company needs to follow in order to achieve a USDA Certification:
- The hemp seeds planted need to be certified USDA Certified Organic.
- There can be absolutely no use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides.
- The hemp seeds need to be planted on soil that has not used any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides for at least 3 years or more.
- There needs to be regular crop rotation each year to preserve the nutrients in the soil.
- The hemp can only be harvested in a Certified USDA Organic facility.
- The Certified USDA Organic facility also has to have no chemical exposure for at least 3 years or more.
- The hemp can only be extracted in a facility that has been certified to organic standards to ensure substances that are not organic contaminate the final product.
How does the USDA Certification process work?
To become USDA certified, the product needs to meet all organic standards. The product is assigned a USDA-accredited certifying agent and the company will have to submit their application and fees to the agent. The agent will review the application to verify that the practices comply with USDA organic regulations. If so, an inspector will conduct an on-site inspection of the business’s operation. The agent will then review the application and the inspector’s report to fully determine if the company complies with USDA organic regulations. When approved, the agent will issue an organic certificate! If the business wants to maintain the certification on that product, they will need to go through an annual review and inspection process as well.
Pet Releaf Packaging
Our Hemp Oils are USDA Certified Organic! The full spectrum hemp extract used in our hemp oils is certified USDA Organic as it’s sourced from our USDA Organic hemp farming partners. Plus, the mixing agent, coconut oil (MCT) is also certified organic. Not only do we strive to have limited ingredients in our products, but we only incorporate ingredients of the highest quality!